Sunday, January 13, 2013

Catching up on TV

I’ve spent a lot of time on my couch lately - resting, relaxing and attempting to keep my coughing to a minimum. Yep, I’m back doing battle with another sinus infection, and I’ve had a few days where I’ve done little else. To further complicate matters, my prescriptions meds made sleep nearly impossible, and so I’ve had a lot of time on my hands. So while I’ve been in my pjs and cuddling with my Snuggie, I’ve managed to watch a lot of TV and clear some needed DVR space. It makes me laugh that catching up on some TV programs has made me feel like I’ve accomplished something…but so it has.

DEXTER: I’ve been a fan of this show from the beginning, and while season 7 wasn’t my favorite season, the writers kept things interesting for me. I felt that Dexter was more raw and full of emotion than ever before. He was less polished and not as seemingly “in control” like he has been in the past.
DOCTOR WHO: I just finished Season 4 (Tenth Doctor) on Netflix and am now officially done with the David Tennant years (sniffle, sniffle). I totally resisted the change when Christopher Eccleston left and was replaced by Tennant, but I somehow became a weeping madwoman during Tennant’s last performance. I love how TV shows can touch us and connect us like they do.

HOMELAND: I got caught up with season 2. I love this show. The acting is incredible, but the writing is sublime. It’s probably the one of the best-written dramas on cable today, and so I was glad to see that the series picked up 3 Golden Globes.
THE WALKING DEAD: I was encouraged by several friends to check this program out, and so I dove in. This show is intense, and that’s putting it mildly. It’s a nail-biter drama with each person struggling to stay alive from one moment to the next. I’ve been hooked since episode 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment